Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lionel Messi had never thought about the best player

Lionel Messi continues to reap praise after success became the first player in Champions League history to successfully break the opponent's goal five times in one match at Bayer Leverkusen 7-1 Barcelona destroyed the middle of last week.

Messi continued impressive performance in the domestic arena with incised two goals to lead Barcelona 2-0 win over Santander.

He has 50 goals in 43 appearances with the print Barca this season. He was also only need five more goals to equal the all time top score Barcelona, Cesar Rodriguez, who scored 235 goals.

However, Messi remains modest. To him she never intended to be the world's best player when he was in action on the field.

"I do not plan any big thing to do that. I do not play to become the best player of all time. I play to do good," said Messi.

"Most of all, I play for the team, then for the people (fans) and then just for myself," said the player who has won three World Player award in a row in the last three years.

"It's a beautiful thing when people from other clubs talking about me. I thank them."

No comments:

Post a Comment