Chelsea's new signing, Juan Manuel Mata, had become the target of Arsenal and Spurs in the transfer market this summer. However, the choice to join Chelsea and rejected offers from both clubs derby of the Blues was certainly based on a reason.
Based on daily reports in The Sun, Juan Mata expressed the reason to join Chelsea because he wanted to win the trophy.
"I want to come to England to win the trophy and that's why I accepted the offer Chelsea," said Mata.
"My reason is simply for the sake of sport, not money. Arsenal and Spurs also want me, but they are nothing compared to Chelsea. I want to win the Premier League and it is only possible at Chelsea," said Mata.
Mata also expressed the role of Fernando Torres, who was also his teammate on the Spanish national team, in making the decision to move to Chelsea.
"Fernando Torres did influence my decision, but speaks directly to the Villas Boas is the main factor."
"He (Villas Boas) explains how the style of play in a 4-3-3 formation and how I will become an important part in his plans."
"Frank Lampard is a monster of football that can become a partner and get a chance like that is incredible."
Mata also explains a bit about his choice in childhood that he would always prefer Chelsea blue, than red or white Arsenal Tottenham.
"Since I was a kid I was always a blue color," I Mata.

No comments:
Post a Comment